- Reaction score
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don't take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need
→ New features
• Improved iCloud Photos support: If you use iCloud Photos, PowerPhotos 1.x was only able to see photos in your library that had already been downloaded to your local hard drive. For users with the “Optimize Mac Storage” option enabled, this could mean a significant portion of your iCloud library would not be visible to PowerPhotos. In PowerPhotos 2.0, it can now see and work with any photos in your iCloud photo library, and will automatically download any photos from iCloud as needed.
• Advanced exporting: Photos has an export command, but it is fairly limited in what it can provide. PowerPhotos 2.0 has a new, more fully featured export function with options such as
◦ Export as a flat folder or as a folder hierarchy in the Finder that mimics your album hierarchy
◦ Export unmodified photos, or as JPG, PNG, HEIF, or TIFF of different sizes
◦ Include captions, dates, keywords, and titles in EXIF metadata
◦ Retain or strip location metadata
◦ Optionally include videos from Live Photos and all photos from a burst
◦ Set Finder creation/modification dates to the photo’s EXIF date
◦ Video export support as H.264 or H.265
• Global menu bar item: Get fast access to your libraries via a global item in your menu bar even when PowerPhotos itself isn’t running.
• Library groups: For those with lots of libraries, you can now organize your libraries into groups in the PowerPhotos sidebar.
• Multiple windows: You can now open each library in a separate window in PowerPhotos, allowing for easier comparison between libraries, and dragging and dropping photos/albums between libraries.
• New duplicate search engine: PowerPhotos 2.0 uses a new duplicate comparison algorithm that can find more duplicate photos which are not quite 100% identical, such as scaled down copies of photos, photos that have been resaved in a different format or with different compression, and even photos with minor edits applied to them.
• Faster library loading: PowerPhotos 2.0 has rewritten a bunch of its internals to load your library much faster than PowerPhotos 1.0.
• Improved AppleScript support: New support for copying albums or photos between libraries, merging libraries, and exporting photos/albums from a library.
Supported Operation Systems
macOS 11.0 or later
Hidden link for visitors Log in or register now.